If the football pants have non-removable, built-in pads sewn into the pants, leave the pads inside the pants and launder and dry them as one piece. Launder the pants pads, along with the belt, pants and jersey in a washing machine set on cold water, using regular bleach-free laundry detergent.
How To Wash Football Pants With Non-Removable Pads
Football pants with non-removable pads provide essential protection during the game, but cleaning them might seem like a challenge. However, with the right approach, you can effectively clean and maintain your football pants with non-removable pads. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of washing these pants to keep them in great condition and ensure they’re ready for the next game.
Can I Wash Football Pants with Non-Removable Pads?
Absolutely! You can wash football pants that have non-removable, built-in pads sewn into them. These pads are designed to withstand regular washing without losing their protective qualities. To clean the pants and pads effectively, follow the steps outlined below.
Washing Your Football Pants with Non-Removable Pads
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
Before you start the washing process, gather the following materials:
- Football pants with non-removable pads
- Washing machine
- Cold water
- Regular bleach-free laundry detergent
Step 2: Preparing for Washing
- Check Care Instructions: Before proceeding, check the care label on your football pants. This label provides valuable information about the fabric and any specific washing guidelines.
- Secure Velcro and Zippers: Close any Velcro fasteners and zippers on the pants to prevent them from snagging other clothing items or causing damage during the wash cycle.
Step 3: Loading the Washing Machine
- Separate the Gear: Remove any detachable accessories or equipment from your pants, such as pads that are not sewn in. Launder these items separately according to their care instructions.
- Combine Gear: Place the football pants, belt, jersey, and pants pads into the washing machine. Ensure that you don’t overload the machine to allow proper agitation and cleaning.
Step 4: Choosing the Right Settings
- Select Cold Water: Set your washing machine to use cold water. High temperatures can potentially damage the fabric or pads.
- Use Bleach-Free Detergent: Add the recommended amount of regular bleach-free laundry detergent to the detergent compartment. Avoid using chlorine bleach, as it can be harsh on the fabric and pads.
Step 5: Washing Cycle
- Gentle Cycle: Start a gentle or delicate wash cycle to minimize stress on the fabric and pads.
- Avoid Fabric Softeners: Do not use fabric softeners as they can impact the effectiveness of the pads and affect the pants’ overall performance.
Step 6: Drying
- Air Drying: After the washing cycle is complete, remove the gear from the machine. It’s best to air dry your football pants and gear. Hang them on a clothesline or a hanger, avoiding direct sunlight, which can fade colors.
- Avoid High Heat: If you need to use a dryer, choose the lowest heat setting. High heat can damage the fabric and pads over time.
With proper care and attention, washing football pants with non-removable pads can be a straightforward process. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can ensure that your gear remains clean, comfortable, and ready for action in the next game. Remember to always refer to the care label on your pants for any specific washing instructions.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for educational purposes only. Individual products and materials may have varying care requirements. Always follow the care instructions provided by the manufacturer.