Tottenham’s Late Transfer Swoop and Frustration Over Brennan Johnson Pursuit
With the transfer window closing in, clubs are racing against time to finalize their deals. Premier League teams are particularly active, seeking to strengthen their attacking options after a mixed start to the season.
Chelsea is nearing a deal for Manchester City’s rising star, Cole Palmer, while Brighton is on the verge of a surprising move for Barcelona’s Ansu Fati.
However, some clubs are still in the negotiation phase, including Tottenham, who are striving to secure their prime target, Brennan Johnson.
Let’s delve into the latest transfer updates as of Thursday morning…
- Tottenham’s pursuit of Nottingham Forest’s Brennan Johnson is facing delays, leaving the club eager to explore other options, such as a potential late move for Eberechi Eze from Crystal Palace.
- PSG’s Hugo Ekitike has caught the attention of Brentford and West Ham, both looking to bolster their attacking lineup. Brentford is also monitoring Marseille’s Azzedine Ounahi as they seek to enhance their goal-scoring ability in the absence of Ivan Toney.
- PSG’s Marco Verratti has been informed by manager Luis Enrique that he won’t be featuring under his leadership, potentially paving the way for a reunion with Neymar at Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal.
- Barcelona’s Xavi is prioritizing a move for Joao Cancelo over Joao Felix, creating uncertainty for the latter’s desired move. Joao Felix’s future at Atletico Madrid hangs in the balance as he awaits clarity on his potential transfer.
- Inter Milan has shown interest in Tanguy Ndombele on loan, following the collapse of his Genoa move. Champions League football could be a decisive factor for the midfielder.
- Brighton is making progress in securing the loan signing of Barcelona’s Ansu Fati. The young Spanish forward has been swayed by Brighton’s playing style and Roberto de Zerbi’s coaching.
- Borussia Dortmund is in discussions with Werder Bremen’s Niclas Füllkrug, aiming to cover the absence of Sebastian Haller during the Africa Cup of Nations in January.
- Lorient is swiftly pursuing Chelsea’s Tiemoue Bakayoko, who is now a free agent, in a bid to strengthen their squad.
- Atletico Madrid has revived talks with Tottenham regarding a loan move for Pierre Emile Hojbjerg, with an option to purchase for £40 million.
Remember to tune in to It’s All Kicking Off, an engaging new podcast by Mail Sport that offers a unique perspective on Premier League football. You can find it on MailOnline, Mail+, YouTube, Apple Music, and Spotify.