Everton Eyes PSG Outcast Hugo Ekitike, Barcelona Persists on Bernardo Silva, Napoli Negotiates New Deal for Victor Osimhen
As the start of the new football season draws near, managers across Europe’s top leagues are still scrambling to secure players to bolster their squads. Despite significant spending already this summer, both championship-contending and struggling teams are looking to make further additions to their squads.
Bayern Munich’s pursuit of Tottenham’s Harry Kane remains steadfast, while Manchester United aims to bring in more players as they offload fringe talents. Manchester City is considering midfield changes, with interest in West Ham’s Lucas Paqueta. PSG seems to be in selling mode after informing five players they are surplus to requirements.
Here’s a roundup of the latest transfer news and gossip for Thursday:
- Everton has set its sights on PSG’s striker Hugo Ekitike, who has been deemed surplus to requirements by new manager Luis Enrique.
- Barcelona is intensifying its efforts to secure Bernardo Silva from Manchester City this summer, working tirelessly to bring the midfielder to Camp Nou.
- Chelsea is prepared to let go of Kepa Arrizabalaga following the acquisition of Robert Sanchez, with Bayern Munich showing interest in a loan deal with a purchase option.
- Burnley is close to securing Aston Villa’s Aaron Ramsey in a deal worth around £14 million plus add-ons, including a potential buyback clause.
- Napoli is engaged in negotiations to offer Victor Osimhen a lucrative new contract to fend off offers exceeding £100 million from Saudi Arabia.
- West Ham’s Lucas Paqueta is keen to join Manchester City after the club submitted a £70 million bid, but West Ham is reluctant to part with the Brazilian.
- Paris Saint-Germain is exploring the possibility of terminating Neymar’s contract ahead of its expiration in 2027, signaling the club’s desire to move on from the player.
- Manchester United is exploring options to replace Harry Maguire and has shown interest in Bayern Munich’s Benjamin Pavard, who might be heading to West Ham.
- Moroccon midfielder Sofyan Amrabat is being pursued by Manchester United and Atletico Madrid, with the player leaning towards a move to the latter.
- Napoli has expressed interest in Brighton’s Julio Enciso, as the Italian champions consider recruiting from the south coast club.
- Leeds winger Willy Gnonto requested exclusion from the squad for the Carabao Cup victory over Shrewsbury Town as he seeks a transfer, despite the Championship side’s reluctance to sell.
In a dynamic transfer market, clubs are making audacious moves to strengthen their squads for the challenges ahead. Stay tuned for more updates as the transfer window continues to unfold.